Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Project

The last couple of weeks consisted of learning, learning, learning... for university.. So I had to take some time off and what would be better than some modelling sessions, right?
A couple of days ago I found some very inspiring Sci fi animations on youtube, made with Blender. The guys channel is Daniel Brown CGI. He has some nice tutorials and ery impressive animations of spaceships he has designed by himself. You definately have to check it out! here and here.
So I got inspired of his works, since I myself am a sci fi fan. So I started, modelling a my own spaceship, instead of learning for exams....



During the modelling, I realized that the front didn't match with the tail, so yesterday I spend many hours on developing a new front and I ended with this:

There is still MUCH MUCH work to do, since I also want to design the interior. 
The little red dot indicates the size of a 1,90m tall human, just to have an idea of how big it is.
The idea is, that the clamps on the middle part are a kind of launchers, where I later will place smaller fighters.
I decided to place the thrusters on the back of the (very thick) wings. When I researched on space/sci fi thrusters/ engines, they all kind of looked like something we now from our real world, even in movies like Star Wars. I think this seems a little unrealistic, making some turbines, that look like the ones we now from airplanes, when they are able to fly fasther than light...
About the style..I think it is a blend of some newer Star Wars thingy and it got a touch of TRON.. maybe because I listened to the TRON OST while modelling?
What do you guys think? Do you like it? any suggestions? Something you hate on this model as sci fi fan? Whatever you have in mind, I would like to read some comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment