Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Blender Work

About one and a half years ago I started usinf Blender to make 3D models just for fun. Until then I ised Sketchup, which btw is a very nice piece of software. But, as the name already describes, it is a tool for sketching - and not for making any complex models, which should look photorealistic, could be exported to any game engine and so on. So I decided to use Blender instead. I knew it ever since I started using Sketchup, but I was really scared about its very complex looking interface. It was really a hard software to manage, when I was used to simple interaction like in Sketchup. (Recently I read a text, where the point was, that complex interaction is not always something negative, but instead gives us a bigger understanding of how it works and it is a kind og necessity for making smart interaction like on a smartphone or computergame.) Even though it was hard to start with, I found some really nice tutorials (eg. Blenderguru.com and Blendercookie) which helped me to understand how to use it. I learned so much in the last couple of mounth, that I can't resist trying out new thing in Blender every day, just because there are so many possibilities. My purpose is NOT to make any advertisment for Blender, but i am a big fan of open source software, and here Blender comes in very handy.
Long, boring intro - sorry for that! My purpose with this blog is to share my developement within Blender. My eyes hurt, when I look at some renderings I made a year ago, and they will hurt in a year too, when I look back at what I am making now. At least I hope that's the case, because then I know, that I actually am becoming better and better.

Enjoy my blog
Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment